Monday 23 March 2015

Kilve Beach 19.03.15
































On the 19th March I went on a lovely (very short) road trip to Kilve Beach with a small group from my college. The aim was to collect photographs and sketches however I am really not the greatest person when it comes to drawing and sketches so I left that up to the artists of the group and kept my camera firmly in my hands for the beautiful pebbly beach scenery! Kilve Beach is located in Somerset and is somewhere which I have never been before however I can now guarantee that it is somewhere where I will most definitely been returning again! We did all complain about the coldness of the sea air when we stepped only one foot out of the minibus and all instantly regretted not wearing more layers. I think we definitely underestimated the tutors advice of 'bring extra layers, it will be very cold'. None the less, we all soon warmed up as soon as we saw the wonderful views and the sight of a big adventure ahead of us. We all separated our own ways (hoping not to get lost) and went in search of fossils. To our success we actually managed to find quite a few, I found it ever so fascinating and interesting. The day was finished very nicely by finding a lovely Afternoon Tea Cafe (oh so British!). Of course, we all chose to have a pot of tea and scones with cream and jam and very lovely they were too!

No comments:

Post a Comment