Thursday 26 March 2015

V&A Alexander McQueen - Savage Beauty Exhibition


Whilst in London on a self directed research trip I decided to visit one of the biggest exhibitions in Europe. I have always been extremely interested and inspired by Alexander McQueen's designs and was very excited when I heard there was going to be a exhibition of his work and designs at the V&A. Even though I was excited for the exhibition I wasn't sure what to expect (basing my ideas on the advertisement poster). However, I was absolutely speechless whilst walking around the gallery of his work and especially when it finished. I will most definitely be making another trip to London to go to the exhibition again! 



Above is a video which I found when researching more into the exhibition and the reviews. In the exhibition you weren't allowed to take any pictures or make any sketches which is completely understandable but very gutting at the same time. However I have managed to find professional photos online along with some articles and reviews.


Above and below are two of my favourite photographs that I found from the exhibition. I really like the above image because it showcases just how well Alexander McQueen's designs were presented and displayed to audiences.

Overall, I really enjoyed the experience and thought it was very beneficial to me even though only a small aspect of my project features fashion and how it is displayed and presented. This trip will have a large impact in the research section of my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment